Funded Graduate Opportunities - PhD/M.A.Sc./MEng in Biological Engineering*
This graduate opportunity is for graduate students pursuing a degree in Biological Engineering for the following research areas:
- Bioplastics and Biobased Polymers
- Biocomposites (Natural Fibre Composites) and Polymer Blends
- Green Composites including Recyclability, Durability and Biodegradability Studies
- Biobased Nanocomposites and Nanoblends
- 3D Printing of Bioplastics and Biocomposites
- Biomass and Biomaterials Sustainability
- Biomedical Applications for Bioplastics and Biocomposites
- Value-added Biobased Materials from the Coproducts/Byproducts of Biofuel Industries
- Biodegradability (Compostability)
For entry in the PhD Biological Engineering program, candidates must hold a thesis-based Master’s degree in engineering.
For entry in the M.A.Sc./MEng programs, candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science.
If your first language is not English, you will be required to submit the results of a standardized language test. Please see the chart for acceptable tests and required scores. Please refer to the School of Engineering for department requirements. website
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the positions are filled.
A preliminary selection will be made based on the interviews to qualify the prospective candidate to apply for graduate studies at the University of Guelph. Selection does guarantee acceptance for graduate studies.
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
*Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.