The Bioproducts Discovery and Development Centre (BDDC) will be organizing a Workshop on Circular Economy towards Mitigating Climate Change on May 5, 2017 in Guelph. The focus of the workshop will be on deriving value-added products from waste.
The theme of the workshop is as follows:
- Waste minimization via a closed-loop system
- Food wastes as raw materials for new industrial products
- Household waste carpets & electronics valorization
- Industrial coproducts and byproducts valorization
Topics to be covered at the workshop will be on the following subjects:
- Circular economy and waste free world
- How the circular economy will lead towards mitigating climate change
- Waste to value-added sustainable materials-exemplifying the circular economy
- Moves towards a circular economy for economic growth
Program: To Be Announced.